i wonder: How will P become a good person by me being a good parent.
Saturday, May 31, 2008
i wonder: How will P become a good person by me being a good parent.
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes. It took over a year to get there so yes is was planned.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Of course, we had been married for 3 years.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Absolute excitement and shock. J read the test wrong and thought we weren’t pregnant but I looked at the test and it said we were pregnant. (I had seen enough negative tests in the past that I didn’t want to look at it. I made Josh look first.)
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Absolutely NOT!
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? I was 24 when I got pregnant and turned 25 a month before he came.
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I took a pregnancy test at home and then went immediately to my OB/GYN office and had them do a test to verify.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? J was there with me so I guess it was my mom and J’s mom.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes.
9. DUE DATE? The doctor said July 21st and the 20 week ultrasound said July 17th.
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? I did not have morning sickness. I am really grateful for that!!!
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? I craved Cherry Popsicles, Raspberry snow cones, and granola bars with chocolate chips.
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? I don’t think anyone really irritated me. I was mostly irritated at the end of my pregnancy because I couldn’t get comfortable and none of my maternity clothes fit. My legs and face got really swollen towards the last couple of months and that really irritated me!
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Boy.
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? No. I had always known (or thought) that I would have a boy first. I don’t know why but I always just figured my first would be a boy.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 30-35 pounds.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? I ended up having three. 1- My aunt and cousins threw me one for my relatives. 2- My mom threw one for friends from church. 3- My friends Carli & Jalynn threw one for me, Evelyn (Riley) Perkins, Janna (Woodland) Herron, Melissa (Lystrup) Strickland, and Kim (England) Cureton. We were all due within a couple months so we had a combined baby shower for all of us! It was fun!
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew about all of them.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? I was blessed to have a good pregnancy. The only complication (for me) was that P was a week late.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Portneuf Medical Center in Pocatello, Idaho.
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? I woke up in the morning and was having some little contractions. We went to the mall and walked like crazy. They didn’t progress but they didn’t stop either. We decided to go to the hospital just in case. I was scheduled to be started 2 days later but they had room for me and decided to just start me then.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? J. My mom came up later when they had decided to keep me.
22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? I wasn’t progressing like the doctor wanted and Preston’s heart rate was kind of going weird so we decided to do a C-section.
23. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? The doctors and nurses. J sat next to my head and held my hand. The doctor told him to stand up and watch when it was time to pull P out.
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Oh yes. I had an epidural while we were still trying for a vaginal birth.
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 7 lbs 8 oz
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? Wednesday, July 26, 2006 at 10:09 PM. My doctor wasn’t even on call that night but he stayed with me anyway. I was so grateful.
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? P.
28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? P just turned 22 months. He will be 2 at the end of July.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
I've encountered all sorts of animals including snakes, which I have a terrible phobia of. I've had loose ferrets run across my feet, a loose iguana scare the crap out of me in a kitchen, and a wild cat jump on my back as I walked past it!
Sadly, I haven't been smart enough to document some of the atrocities that I have seen . . . . . UNTIL NOW!!! Well, I guess this isn't necessarily an atrocity as it is just plain weird and funny! My dad and I went into a house today. It is extremely old and has been added on to several times. This is the "master bathroom." Lovely, isn't it?
I don't know what in the heck they were thinking! My dad and I laughed so hard! We've seen a lot of things but seeing this toilet sitting the way it was is totally a first! I hope you get a kick out of it as much as we did!
Monday, May 26, 2008
i know: that I am a child of God
i want: to be a better mother and wife
i have: hardly anything worldly but I have SO MUCH spiritually and emotionally!
i wish: I could afford to travel and see the beautiful places on this earth.
i hate: when me or my family is sick.
i miss: Carli Kristen Seals Wright A LOT!
i fear: snakes, tight spaces, and mostly losing anyone from my family.
i feel: happy to be blessed with what I do have
i hear: J watching Star Trek.
i smell: nothing. I am waiting for my Scentsy to arrive.
i crave: sugar, anything with sugar!
i search: for good, clean entertainment. It is so hard to find anymore.
i wonder: why the world is the way that it is. People can be so terrible to each other.
i regret: when I get frustrated and raise my voice at P.
i love: my family SO MUCH!
i ache: for another Harry Potter book. Darn it!
i always: thank my Heavenly Father for everything I am blessed with, especially my family.
i am not: a patient person. I need to work on that
i believe: in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
i dance: terribly. It embarrasses J
i sing: alto
i cry: often. It can be the news, a TV show, or anything.
i don’t always: make the best choices.
i fight: very seldom.
i write: on my blog
i win: whenever I get the chance. I have terrible sportsmanship.
i lose: and pout. See above.
i never: get to see my friends. Darn it. We grow up and they move away.
i confuse: my Young Women sometimes. They don’t get my humor sometimes.
i listen: to all sorts of music.
i can usually be found: at home or at work.
i am scared: of losing my family.
i need: hugs and kisses.
i am happy about: my life. I have a wonderful husband and son!
Sunday, May 25, 2008
My kid has a hunch back!
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Well, I hope I didn't gross you out. I just had to tell the story. Oh, we did go and buy a new washer. I hope you all have a great holiday weekend. Be safe!
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Monday, May 19, 2008
J went outside to set up the sprinkler and, of course, P wanted to help. P was still pretty small last summer so he never had the opportunity to go and play in the sprinklers. So, this was his first time. He was hesitant at first but it didn't take long and he was having a ton of fun! I guess I better go shopping for a swimming suit! ;o)
Sunday, May 18, 2008
I am also extremely grateful to have the Priesthood in our home. I have seen the Priesthood work in our home and it makes me so proud to have a wonderful husband who honors it.
During the time that I was sick, I also found a great appreciation for those single parents. I can’t imagine how hard it must be. I know I probably sound like a nerd but I just was trying to imagine what it would have been like if I had been alone with P while being sick. Thankfully, I have my wonderful J and I hope that I never take him for granted.
Maybe all who read this can take a moment to appreciate those in their lives that they love. Go give them a hug, a kiss, and/or a phone call and have a great day!
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Sunday, May 11, 2008
We decided to spend Mother's Day in Soda with J's parents. We went up this morning and went to church with them. Then we hung out at their house and played around. It was kind of chilly outside, hence P's hoodie. We had a lot of fun and enjoyed spending time with family. Oh, J got me some shoes for Mother's Day, I'll have to post a picture of those later.
Friday, May 9, 2008
J was having some fun playing with the slide show and created this short story. When J is tired, he can have warped humor. For your information, no animals were harmed in the creation of this story. I stole the last photo from a friends blog. (Hope you don't mind, Katie!) The Lind Family, as a whole, love animals and would never harm them. We hope you enjoy our attempt at humor.
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
B: Best Friend- J and my mommy
C: Cake or Pie- Either . . . As long as they have raspberries on it!
D: Day of Choice- Saturday . . . J’s day off!
E: Essential Items- Family, cell phone, chocolate, and Diet Coke
F: Favorite Color- Any shade of blue.
G: Gummy Bears or Worms- Gummy Bears, I don’t like anything snakelike
H: Hometown- Chubbuck, ID
I: Favorite Indulgence- Sweets and Johnny Carinos
J: January or July- July
K: Kids- P, the cutest kid in the whole world!!!
L: Life is not complete without- Family and the gospel
M: Marriage Date- July 25, 2003
N: Number of Brothers and Sisters- None that are biological. I consider J’s 2 brothers & 2 sisters plus their spouses my own. I also consider my cousins as brothers & sisters too.
O: Oranges or apples- Apples . . . Dipped in caramel
P: Phobia or Fears- Snakes, the dark, tight spaces, large crowds, etc. etc. etc. I’m afraid of a lot.
Q: Quote- "Pain hurts.” Grandma Lind (Josh’s mom. She still gets teased for that one!)
R: Reasons to smile- Whenever P is nice (which is a good portion of the time), when J gets home from work, and when my mom calls.
S: Superman or wonder woman- I should go with the women but Superman is HOT!! FYI J, I love you!!!
T: Tag 4 people- I’d like to tag Jessie Gray, Brandy Anderson, Katie Hulse, & Lindsay Walker.
U: Unknown Fact about me- I like to watch Ultimate Fighting on TV. (There is an ultimate fighter in my ward and I can’t wait until he has a fight because I want to go and watch!! J thinks I‘m a nerd.)
V: Vegetable- Gotta be broccoli - hands down.
W: Worst Habit- Chewing my fingernails
X: X-ray or ultrasound- X-ray. I had a not so comfortable “internal” ultrasound when I was pregnant early on.
Y: Your favorite food- That is too hard. I do love shrimp, Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo, and my mom’s Chicken & Dumplings . . .YUM!! Now I’m hungry!
Z: Zodiac Sign- Gemini
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Thursday, May 1, 2008
#9 My Dream Vacation - I have two. I would love to go see the beautiful landscapes of New Zealand and Alaska. I have family in Alaska and would absolutely love to visit them. J has an old mission companion who lives in New Zealand who would show us around, I would hope!
#6 What Kid(s) are doing right now - P is getting done with his bath. He is getting so big! He is almost as tall as me . . . well not really!