I apologize for the lack of pictures for this post. We've been busy ... AKA I've been lazy. Since there aren't any pictures, I figured I'd just share what has been going on the last little while.
* I've decided that we watch too much TV in our house. Actually, I've known this for a very long time but I had it confirmed to me this evening when P started singing, " Five dollar, fiver dollar foot-long!" (The Subway commercial) How can you blame the kid though?! I've found myself, embarrassingly enough, singing it ..... and doing the hand motions. *Hangs head in shame*
* E is finally starting to like to eat solids ... if you can call them that. He loves rice cereal and has so far enjoyed the thick, soupiness of Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato baby food. Every once in a while I give him a Biter Biscuit and he really goes to town on that. I just make sure to plan his biscuit experience to be followed with a bath. Man, those things are messy!
* On Saturday, my mom, some of my aunts, some of my cousins, and I had a girls day. It was fun. We had a kind of low-key day because my mom and Aunt Jenny were sick with the nasty cold that has plagued part of our family. That is another story. Anyway, we hung out at G'ma and G'pa's house, went to Red Lobster, and did some shopping. By the way, mommy dearest, I'm so proud of you for being willing to go to the mall on your day off / sick day. As a kid, I never got to go to the mall with my mom because she didn't want to go back after getting off work. I never really understood her loathing of the mall until I worked there myself. Now, I understand and I'm glad she chose to join us. I'm also guessing the trip into her mother-ship / Christopher & Banks helped a little. She came out with a few items and I came out with a new skirt for church.
* On Friday, we went to I.F. to spend some time with J's sister and her family and see their living room since they ripped part of a wall out and painted. It turned out very nice and I love it! We went to Red Robin and P got a balloon. The next morning he was pretty distraught when he found the balloon hovering just above the floor. He kept throwing it up in the air trying to get it to float. When it wouldn't work, he brought the balloon to me and said it was broken and needed batteries. That kid makes me laugh on a daily basis!
* I've learned my lesson. P has said so many funny things and I have failed to write them down immediately after they have happened. Now I can't remember them. :-( So, I've decided that I will be better about writing them down because I hate losing these sweet memories.
* We are getting ready to refinance our house and have been preparing for the appraiser to come. With the type of loan that we are getting, there can't be any exposed wood on the outside of the house. Unfortunately, there was exposed wood so we've been painting here and there, touching up. We've been practically snowless for this winter season until it was necessary for us to paint. Of course! So during breaks from snow and frost, we've been touching up. Part of the painting had to happen on the very tip top of the eves which couldn't be reached by a ladder. So I had my mom come over and watch the boys while J and I climbed up on the roof. J hung over the edge and painted while I sat there terrified of heights. I wasn't much help but I didn't want him to fall off and lay there for an hour before I discovered him. Anyway, the painting went without incident and we survived. The appraiser is coming tomorrow so I'm hoping we didn't miss anything. Wish us luck! :-)
* My addiction to Facebook has become more pronounced .... and I'm okay with that.
* I've been having more migraines lately. Not a lot, one or two a month but still! What the heck is that about? Do any of you have suggestions as for what could be causing them or how to remedy them?
* Okay, I can't think of anything else at the moment. I hope all is well with you, my friends and family. I love you all and thank you for visiting our little blog. Don't forget that I love comments and feel somewhat more loved by receiving them. ;-) (By the way, I know you love us, even if you don't leave comments, but I want your comments! It lets me know you're looking. If this is a boring blog, let me know and I'll try to ramp it up a notch!)