Thursday, December 15, 2011

We Want to Know Wednesday


Photobucket

Here are this week's questions from Queso:

1. Are you a party person? Or do you prefer an intimate gathering with just a few friends?
I don't mind a party with a few friends. 10-15 max. More than that and I get shy and have a hard time talking to people. I actually just went to a cookie exchange party last night! Perfect timing for these questions!

2. Would you rather be a guest at a party or the hostess with the mostess?
I totally want to be the guest. I don't like being the hostess. It is too stressful for me. I have panic attacks even thinking about hosting parties. Unfortunately, we are having a party at our house tomorrow. It is a family thing and I don't even have to be in charge. I just have to provide the place. I am still freaking out.

3. What is your favorite party food or drink? (I'd love to see the recipe!)
I'm a lover of a good shrimp cocktail. I don't drink alcohol so I like to have Diet Dr. Pepper or whatever caffeinated beverage they may have! For my cookie exchange that I went to yesterday, I brought pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. It is the easiest recipe I have EVER seen .... other than buying a box of cookies at the store.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 box of Spiced Cake mix
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
1 cup of chocolate chips (or more) 

Mix ingredients together. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop onto a greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. 

Seriously. Easy as that and SOOOOOO good!

4. What is the best party you've ever been to?
The first party that came to mind was one when I was young and single. I hung out with a large group of kids from my single's ward at church. We played a ton of games in the back yard and then all crammed into their living room and watched Rat Race. Only one or two people had seen it before, so we were pretty much watching it for the first time. I have never laughed so hard in my life! Love that movie! That was seriously one of the best summers of my single life! We did stuff every night of the week. How I managed to go to summer school full-time, work full-time, and party full-time, I will never know. :-)

5. What is your favorite party game?
I get a kick out of the game, I Never. The group sits in a circle with one less chair than people. The person in the middle shares something that they have never done. (Like, I have never gone deep sea fishing or I have never been to England.)  If anyone in the circle has done it, then they have to get up and switch seats. The person that was "it" can run and grab a chair. Whoever is left standing has to say the next I Never statement. It is pretty funny!
We played it at a ward party once. A guy said that he had never made-out with a man. Our bishop thought that he said, never made-out in a van. So the bishop got up and started running. We all nearly died laughing. He still hasn't lived it down! :-)

Photobucket

2 comments:

Jessica G. said...

I'm too much of a control freak so I'd much rather host the party. But I would definitely invite you. ;)
(And your poor bishop…I totally laughed!)

Carli W. said...

That's hilarious about the bishop! Poor guy...funny, funny. I don't think I was at that party that was the funnest ever for you---are you sure that was your favorite?? ;)