Thursday, July 15, 2010

Finally posting about the 4th

Sorry that I am just getting to posting about the 4th of July. On the morning of the 4th, we got the boys dressed and headed to I.F. for my cousin's baby's blessing. It was a beautiful blessing and a yummy lunch afterward. Here are some pics of the boys:





After the blessing, we drove to Soda to spend time with J's family. We pretty much just hung out and stuff on Sunday. On Monday, Soda had their Lion's Club Pancake Breakfast and their 4th of July parade. So we attended both and here are some pictures from that:


Me playing on the toys after breakfast. It was pretty chilly that morning, hence the jacket.



Grandma Sugar & Grandpa with E



E hanging out and looking mighty cute!



P playing on the slides.



Here we are waiting for the parade to start. Our sister-in-law and the kiddos came for the parade.



It was very bright and sunny and I was complaining (just a bit) about it and J put the camping chair cover on my head. I actually left it there for a while because it felt good not to squint!



Old Glory



Scampering after candy.



E's reaction to the fire trucks loud horns and sirens. NOT IMPRESSED! :-(
(I promise, we did immediately get him up and comfort him after the photo was taken.)



P was so giddy. He was giggling and squealing the entire time. I think he was in awe that people were freely throwing candy at us. He definitely made away with a TON of candy.



Hanging with my sweet babe.



Awesome float made by J's uncle. The cute boy on his knees is J's cousin.



My favorite 'float' of the parade. J's mom works there too!



A couple of my favorite men hanging out.



Pretty darn good turn out for a "small town parade."



J and his cousin, C, staying together on the way to the library after the parade. Every year they sell books and old movies for cheap so we always have to go and check it out.



Me and J hanging out. I'm showing off the beads that we got from the parade. I am very proud to say that I didn't have to flash anything to get them. Eat that, New Orleans! ;-)



POOPED!


After the parade and book shopping, we went back to J's parents house and BBQ'd some yummy steaks. It was overall a wonderful day. Later that evening we went home.


The boys watching the portable DVD player / miracle worker on the way home.
It was the best investment we ever made!

No comments: