Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday Confessional

Photobucket


I CONFESS that I had the best Girl's Night Out last night! My friend, Michelle, and I planned it. We had a chocolate fondue and a cheese fondue. We had the ladies bring things to dip. It was so fun. We had veggies, fruits, crackers, and berries. My friend even brought white chocolate popcorn! It was divine!

I CONFESS that I ate my weight in sugar .... probably more. :-)  It was so worth it though! It was so fun to get away from the kids and have some female interaction!

I CONFESS that I'm going to a craft party tonight. My mom signs up to make craft projects for me for Christmas. The catch is that I have to go with her and make it! LOL! That is okay with me. At least we get to spend time together. :-)

I CONFESS that I stayed home from work today with a little E who has pink eye. Luckily, I've become somewhat of an expert in it. I managed to catch his early and start treating it immediately. Hopefully it won't last too long.

I CONFESS that I'm considering becoming a permanent stay-at-home mom. I work part-time as a cashier but I've noticed that E is struggling. I'm trying to figure out how to supplement our income so that I can stay home with him. I play the piano and am considering teaching it. The problem: I don't know how to teach. Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Jodi said...

My girl's piano teacher is awesome! We love her! She combines Suzuki method with traditional so they learn to hear and read music really well. For the first year she does the 1st Suzuki book with them. Then the second year she uses the 2nd Suzuki book along with some new books that just came out from Alfred's and I love them - they are called "Alfred's Premier Piano Course" She uses those to help them learn to read the music. There is a lesson book, a performance book and a theory that they work out of. There's also a CD included so they can hear how they are supposed to be performed. They are pretty self explanatory and easy to use even if you didn't include the Suzuki along with it. Anyhow, don't know if that will help at all but I think that would be great if you could swing it to be home permanently! Good Luck!:)

Carli W. said...

Just wanted you to know that I looked at your post. I'm glad you had a fun Girls Night Out. Those sometimes are very helpful! Were they a bunch of girls in your ward? I hope you get to stay home. If you do end up teaching piano my advice is to be a strict piano teacher who expects a lot out of your students, plus know the material BEFORE giving it to your students (like being able to play it for them and such). Those things helped me a lot. My teachers that weren't very expectant or good at giving me a challenge I did horribly with (in my opinion). I was ambitious as my teachers thought I should be. Anyway! Love you Kjerstin!!!

Carli W. said...

I mean---Love you 'K'!!!

Mamarazzi said...

i could really use a GNO!

the craft thing sounds like fun!!

thanks for linking up your confessions!

Myya said...

Sounds like an awesome GNO! So glad you had a good time.

Love that your mom signed you up for crafts & that you have to go with her. What a perfect reason to be together & to get away for a while.

I hope that you find that balance for your family. I'm sure there is more I could do to bring money to the table for our family but I just haven't figured it out yet. I don't really have anything creative about me. I've heard of people making money on their blogs but when I can hardly keep up with my blog now how am I going to keep up trying to make money at it. LOL.

Saying prayers for Little E. Maybe he is just going through a "phase" & it will pass.

Marta said...

fun to do the linked posts, I feel like I know your friends, even the ones you haven't physically met! I totally vote for the piano teacher idea, makes my hard earned piano nazi efforts worthwhile. Sounds like Jody had some great advice!