1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes. It took over a year to get there so yes is was planned.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Of course, we had been married for 3 years.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Absolute excitement and shock. J read the test wrong and thought we weren’t pregnant but I looked at the test and it said we were pregnant. (I had seen enough negative tests in the past that I didn’t want to look at it. I made Josh look first.)
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Absolutely NOT!
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? I was 24 when I got pregnant and turned 25 a month before he came.
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I took a pregnancy test at home and then went immediately to my OB/GYN office and had them do a test to verify.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? J was there with me so I guess it was my mom and J’s mom.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes.
9. DUE DATE? The doctor said July 21st and the 20 week ultrasound said July 17th.
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? I did not have morning sickness. I am really grateful for that!!!
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? I craved Cherry Popsicles, Raspberry snow cones, and granola bars with chocolate chips.
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? I don’t think anyone really irritated me. I was mostly irritated at the end of my pregnancy because I couldn’t get comfortable and none of my maternity clothes fit. My legs and face got really swollen towards the last couple of months and that really irritated me!
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Boy.
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? No. I had always known (or thought) that I would have a boy first. I don’t know why but I always just figured my first would be a boy.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 30-35 pounds.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? I ended up having three. 1- My aunt and cousins threw me one for my relatives. 2- My mom threw one for friends from church. 3- My friends Carli & Jalynn threw one for me, Evelyn (Riley) Perkins, Janna (Woodland) Herron, Melissa (Lystrup) Strickland, and Kim (England) Cureton. We were all due within a couple months so we had a combined baby shower for all of us! It was fun!
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew about all of them.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? I was blessed to have a good pregnancy. The only complication (for me) was that P was a week late.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Portneuf Medical Center in Pocatello, Idaho.
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? I woke up in the morning and was having some little contractions. We went to the mall and walked like crazy. They didn’t progress but they didn’t stop either. We decided to go to the hospital just in case. I was scheduled to be started 2 days later but they had room for me and decided to just start me then.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? J. My mom came up later when they had decided to keep me.
22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? I wasn’t progressing like the doctor wanted and Preston’s heart rate was kind of going weird so we decided to do a C-section.
23. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? The doctors and nurses. J sat next to my head and held my hand. The doctor told him to stand up and watch when it was time to pull P out.
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Oh yes. I had an epidural while we were still trying for a vaginal birth.
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 7 lbs 8 oz
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? Wednesday, July 26, 2006 at 10:09 PM. My doctor wasn’t even on call that night but he stayed with me anyway. I was so grateful.
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? P.
28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? P just turned 22 months. He will be 2 at the end of July.