Thursday, November 17, 2011

Three For Thursday!

Three things that I am grateful for from the year 2011:
1. I am grateful that E is communicating more. He is just like his big brother. They have taken their time to communicate and require(d) the help of speech therapy. P doesn't have to go anymore! YAY! E is growing in leaps and bounds since he started speech therapy. :-)


2.  I am grateful for my health. Yeah, I've had the flu and a cold now and then. However, I truly have been blessed. So has my family for that matter!


3.  I am grateful for the jobs that J and I have. They not be very glamorous or pay very good but they are jobs. I am grateful for that in this economic time that we live in.


Three things “I’d rather not”:

1.  I'd rather not play the Wii with P. The stinker is a very poor loser. Unfortunately, he inherited that from me. I'm a little bit better about controlling my emotions than he is ... though it has taken years of practice. ;-)


2.  I'd rather not die in pain. I know it is kind of weird to be thinking about that now but I've always been fearful of having to die in pain. I hope I go in my sleep.

3.  I'd rather not touch/see/think about snakes. They creep me out. Actually, I really do have a self-diagnosed phobia of them. It's not pretty. J used to think it was funny to tease me about them until he realized just how paralyzed with fear I would get. Even now, just typing about snakes, I'm looking over my shoulder to make sure one isn't going to attack me. How silly is that?! I know there isn't a snake in my house but the fear gets so bad that I can't help but look and be scared.


Three Thanksgiving plans, traditions, or memories:
1.  Most likely, I will be working on Thanksgiving Day. LAME!  This is the season that really makes he hate working in retail. I will get to go to J's families dinner but will have to rush back. The store, that I work at, is opening at midnight for Black Friday. I'll be there till 10AM.  Should be interesting!

2.  We used to always go to my Granny's house for dinner. I remember that she had this huge turkey. She had defrosted it but didn't have room for it in her fridge. She decided to keep it out in her garage to keep it cool. She didn't realize that it got below freezing that night and froze the turkey inside. She cooked it and it looked gorgeous. We didn't realize it was still raw in the middle until my dad started to carve it. Let's just say, we had to starve for another hour before we could eat! She can laugh about it now.

3.  My Great Great Uncle Bill used to bring a bottle of wine to our Thanksgiving feasts at Granny's house. I could never understand why because nobody drank it. I think, after several years, he finally figured it out and started bringing soda instead. It makes me chuckle to think about it. He was such a sweet man. He lived to be 100-years-old.


Three sneaky things I do:
1.  Every once in a while, if I get off from work early in the afternoon, I'll sneak home and take a nap before I go pick up the kids at daycare. I've only done it a couple of times but I sure did enjoy my nice, silent home. 

2.  I like to go and get a fountain drink at the gas station down the block from us. I try to keep it hidden from the kiddos because, if I don't, they drink it all!

3.  They way I get J to do things sometimes is sneaky. He knows that I want something when I put my hands under my chin and smile and bat my eyelashes at him. A lot of the time, when I do that, he just goes to the freezer and starts scooping me some ice cream because he know's I'll beg him to do it anyway. :-)


Three things that I missed the boat on:
1. Twilight. I purposefully missed the boat. I didn't want anything to do with it. I didn't read the books and I never saw the movies .... until 13 days ago. My friend finally talked me into reading them and now I can't put them down. I'm taking a blogging break now from reading the last book. I'm going to the midnight premier of Breaking Dawn tonight!


2.  Planking. I never realized what planking was or why people did such things until it wasn't cool anymore. Not that I could plank anyway. I think I'd break my neck trying. 


3.  Glee. It sounded dorky to me at the time. I finally started watching a couple episodes on Netflix and realized .... HOLY CRAP! I love Glee!! I can't wait until they add more episodes!


Three pictures:
I want to share three pictures of my favorite men! :-)  I am so blessed!


J and E cheesing it up in October 2011



J and P being silly in January 2009


P, J, and E in July 2009. I believe this was the second day of having little E home from the hospital!
Daddy looks so tired! :-)
Photobucket

2 comments:

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

Oh man! He DOES look exhausted! I'm with you on the snakes thing sister. *shudder* Wouldn't it be funny if wine became the family tradition? Even if no one ever drinks it. Haha!

Thanks friend for always loyally linking up!! love you lady!

Marta said...

I love to see you perspective on some of the things from the past. ;0) love Uncle Bill, I think all that wine is still in the garage.