1. Where did you and your husband meet? We met in math class at Idaho State University in the Fall of 2002.
2. The first thing you said to each other? I guess we said Hi. We actually sat near each other for about 3 or 4 weeks before we got the nerve to say anything. I wasn’t sure if he was a member of my church and he was a little gun shy about girls because he had just gotten out of a relationship.
3. When was our first date? Our first date was an Institute dance around November 2002. It was called Poor Mans Ball. Whoever asked for the date didn’t have to pay or something like that. I asked J and he paid. We had fun. We just did fun things as “friends” and started dating in January 2003.
4. First kiss? Our first kiss was on Sunday in January 2003. We had gone to dinner at my uncle’s house and then were hanging out at my house. I had never kissed anyone before and had always heard the stories from friends about the “Deer in the headlights” look. J got that look and I just started to giggle. J tried to wait for me to stop giggling but I couldn’t so he just went in for the kiss. I loved it!
5. When were the first "I love yous" said? J said it first in March 2003. I freaked out a little and wasn’t ready but I finally said it back a couple weeks later. Poor boy.
6. Long or short engagement? I think just right. We were engaged for exactly 3 months.
7. Where did you get engaged? J and I started talking about marriage and started making plans. We purchased rings and were looking at apartments before the actual “proposal” took place. When the ring was finished and ready, we picked it up and he took me to the Gazebo at Cotant Park and officially proposed. Funny story: when J’s dad proposed to his mom, they were near a dump. J's dad had an amazing view of the mountains and thought the moment was perfect. What he didn’t realize was that J’s mom's view wasn’t so lovely; she was staring right into the dump. So, when J got ready to propose, he let me pick the view I wanted before he got on his knee. I thought it was really sweet!
8. Where were you married? Idaho Falls Temple
9. Where did you go on your honeymoon? We stayed in a hotel in Salt Lake City and just played around down there. We went to Lagoon one of the days. We had a lot of fun!
10. Where was our first home? Our first apartment was a basement at 1557 S. 3rd # 3 in Pocatello. We purchased our first home on July 31, 2006 … 5 days after giving birth to P. I highly suggest not doing those two things so closely together! It was very stressful!