Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Shocking, I Know!



CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! I ACTUALLY MADE THOSE .... BY MYSELF!

My sweet sister-in-law has been trying to 'domesticate' me for 6 years or so. She succeeded this summer by getting me to make raspberry freezer jam. She knows I will drop everything and run if the word 'RASPBERRY' is uttered. The jam turned out heavenly and we are still enjoying the benefits of it! :-)

About a month ago, I took the little ones for a play date with their cousins. While we were visiting, she asked if I wanted to learn to make bread. I had expressed some interest a few weeks prior. I said sure! So, she babysat me and told me what to do. I did all the work and they ended up turning out beautifully!

I decided about two weeks later to be brave and try to make some all by myself. My first try at it solo ended up pretty good. I think I was so afraid of adding too much flour that I didn't add enough. On Monday, I decided to try again. I got the flour just right and they turned out wonderful!

I am far from being 'domesticated' but I'm getting closer. I still can't sew, crochet, or come up with my own craft. I don't make cutesy handouts for my church lessons. I keep my hair "boy short" because I hate doing hair. I dress like a tomboy because that is what feels comfortable. I hate to cook and despise cleaning. But you know what?! I'm getting there little by little and THAT is what counts. Besides, I don't think I'm so bad. ;-)

7 comments:

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

Those loaves are gorgeous! Mine never rise like that! Way to go Domestic Goddess! ;)

Jodi said...

Super cute crafts and way to go with the bread! I would like the recipe - they look so yummy!!

P.S. I think you're pretty awesome just the way you are!

Kym said...

Your bread looks beautiful! I'll bet it was tasty too!

Marta said...

you have come further with Laura egging you along than in the 22 years that I tried. Find to be comfy, as long as the boys get to see their mommy be a princess sometimes, like especially Josh!

The Augers said...

Hey, I hate cooking anything other than desserts! But you should try no knead bread. My husband has been making it like crazy lately (and if he can get it right on the first try, anyone can). He started a blog with recipes that he has used and improved. Go to: noknead.com

Heidi said...

Yum! Makes me want some! Good job!

AiringMyLaundry said...

I want some bread. I love me some carbs.