Thursday, June 2, 2011

Three for Thursday







Three of my favorite Pandora.com stations
How bad am I that I haven't listened to Pandora? I usually hear a song that I like on the radio and then put it on my iPod. So, I'll just give you some general styles of music that I like.
1.  I like Linkin Park. I enjoy the stuff they are doing now but I also enjoyed their "harder, screaming" stuff too!
2.  I'll admit that I kind of like the Pop stuff that you hear all the time on the radio. That is all they play at work so that is all I hear!
3.  I really love to listen to Singers/Song Writers like Christina Perri. I love to hear someone singing along to a piano. Sometimes songs just get too techno and I like the acoustic stuff.




Three lessons learned since I have graduated from high school
1.  As long as it took, I've finally realized that it doesn't really matter what people think of me. I dwelt on it a lot and still do at times. I've finally started to be comfortable in my own skin.
2.  Cliques or social groups really don't go beyond high school and I am grateful for that! I've managed to become friends with the then "popular" people from high school. It is nice to be able to put that high school cattiness behind me.
3.  I learned that I really could be a mom. I wanted to be a mom but was terrified to actually become one. I was an only child and wasn't around little children much. I wasn't very comfortable and had a hard time relating to kids. It was amazing how quickly that subsided. I managed to start acting like a blubbering idiot within hours of P being born! Now, I do it to any little one that comes through my check out line at work!



Three people I was remembering on Memorial Day

1. My Maternal Grandfather. He is still living and is a big part in my life. I love that man and I appreciate the wonderful person that he is. He served our country and I am very grateful for that.
2.  I took time to think about and appreciate my other grandparents and great grandparents who have passed. My parents made sure to have them be a big part of my life. For that I am grateful.
3.  I had my husband's grandmother in my mind. She just passed a couple months ago and it was pretty hard on him. They were very close as he grew up. She was a wonderful, sweet lady!



Three favorite YouTube videos

1.  My first is actually a Channel on YouTube. It is the Shaytards. They are a family who lives in my hometown who do daily vlogs. They've done one every day for two years and counting. I think they are fun to watch and I enjoy it.
2.  I really enjoy watching Flash Mobs. I just posted a link to a search query of several flash mob videos. One day, I'd love to be in a flash mob!
3.  I saw THIS video the other day and it made me happy. I'm glad there is still some good sportsmanship around!




Three bad habits
1.  I bite my fingernails.
2.  I'm a picker. I've got to get the boogers out of my kids nose. I've got to get the toe jam out of between their toes. I also have to get the wax out of their ears. I don't know why but I just have to do it!
3.  Laying in bed, when I should be getting up and getting ready, and checking my email or browsing Facebook. I end up laying there for longer that I wanted and then have to rush to get me and the kids ready.



Three foods I will NEVER put in my mouth

(For some reason, I'm having a hard time thinking of things! I don't like a lot of foods but can't think of them!!)
1.  Crickets or any bug for that matter. Blech!
2.  A tomato. I can handle the sauce in moderation. For some reason, I just don't like the taste or the acidity.
3.  Dog or cat. I know it may be a delicacy in some parts of the world but I refuse to eat a pet!



Three things that sounded like a good idea at the time

1.  Doing full-time summer school in college AND hanging out with friends until 1:00 AM every night AND work. I don't how I managed to function but I did. I wouldn't trade it for a second because I loved those friends that I "played" with!
2.  Planting a garden. Now I keep forgetting to water it! I sure hope we have something grow!
3.  The remodeling of our family room a few years ago. We are certainly not rolling in the $dough$ so it took quite a while. We would buy supplies when we had some cash. The remodel project took over a year to complete. I HATE living in a construction zone. The only reason it finally got done was because I insisted that it be complete before E was born. I didn't want tiny baby lungs breathing in construction dust!



Three plans for Father’s Day 2011

1.  Thank my hubby for being such a great daddy and get him a little something.
2.  Thank my daddy and J's dad for being such awesome men. We have been truly blessed.
3.  I'll go to church and probably spend the day with family.



Three things that make me a “mean mom” (aka a GOOD mom)

1.  I don't let my kids treat me like crap. They may end up in timeout a lot but I don't care. They will learn respect. That is definitely lacking in our society anymore.
2.  I don't let my kids watch whatever they want. Sure, we watch too much plenty of TV but I don't let them watch scary/gross/naughty stuff.
3.  I don't let me kids eat a lot of crap. Sure, they get plenty but I make sure they eat their dinner too!
  


Three pictures
E on his first birthday! He loved his cake and was/is so stinkin' cute!


P on his first birthday. Man, he got messy! He's getting yummy Diet Coke!


A pretty flower I saw while hiking in the Grand Tetons last year.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Gabe just had his first birthday, so it was fun to see pictures of your kids on their first birthdays! What cutie pies!