Wednesday, June 15, 2011

We Want to Know Wednesday


Welcome to We Want to Know Wednesday Q&A hosted by:

Impulsive AddictJanetteMamarazzi and Seriously Shawn



Photobucket



1} You have been asked to give a 10 minute speech to teenage girls. What is it about?
It would definitely be about self-worth and self-esteem. I remember how low mine was during my teen years. I'd love to be able to help girls with that. I would also talk to them and help them realize that life goes on beyond school. There is so much "friend drama" and I want them to realize that after high school is doesn't matter any more. 

{2} Do you have a pet? Tell us about them. No pets? Why? (submitted by McKenzie)
I do not have a pet right now. Why? They are a lot of work and, since I work, I'm not home enough to give it the attention that it would need. I would love to have a dog, more specifically a miniature schnauzer, one day. My first dog was a mini schnauzer that I received for my 10th birthday. He was named Buddy and he was my buddy! He stayed with my parents when J and I got married because he was more attached to my mom. He died  when J and I had been married for about 5 months. My parents got another mini schnauzer named Jack. I consider him my pet too!

{3} What is the biggest inconvenience about the place you’re currently living?
We have an apartment in our basement that we rent out. The inconvenience is the extremely small kitchen. It is crazy how small it is. That makes it really hard to rent out. I like to rent out to small families but most don't want such a small kitchen. We end up renting to young college students who don't cook much. The bad part is there is high turn around. 

{4} What do you think is the single best decision you have made in your life so far? (submitted by DateGirl)
To get married and have children. I love it! 

{5} What are the THREE "nevers" of your life? (things you would never do or have never done)
I've made a personal decision to never drink alcohol. There is major alcoholism on both sides of my family tree and I would be predisposed to become an alcoholic. I don't want to even risk it.
I will never smoke. I was pretty close with my great-grandmother and she was a chain smoker. I watched her suffer with and die from emphysema. I have no desire to do that to my body.
I have never bungee jumped and probably never will. I don't think I could actually bring myself to jump. I'm afraid of heights. I usually end up loving things that I do that involve high adrenaline rushes but I just don't think I could make the plunge! :-)

7 comments:

Robin said...

nope never smoked... both parents did and that was enough for me!

I think I could bungee... I think I'd rather sky dive. Dangling from my weak ankles is just a bit much for me.

Laurieanndutton said...

I also do not drink alcohol or smoke after wathcing both parents do both

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

YAy!! Glad to have you link up with us again.. I'm with ya on the bungee jumping and I'm not big of a drinker either.. my dad is a recovering alcoholic and my step mom died of it at the age of 41.. how you drink yourself to death is beyond me, but I like to know what is going on in the world.. I do like a drink every now and then.. just not to the point of extreme.. have a great day!! :)

Amber said...

I'm curious to see this kitchen, I mean it must have all the appliances, right? I'd be ok with a small kitchen if the price is right!

Seriously EVERYONE has said bungee jump or sky dive...including me. I think it's so funny!

Jen S. said...

I enjoyed reading your answers :)
I really admire that you've chosen to not drink, seeing as you have a family history of it. On another note, I too have never bungee jumped and NEVER will! I'm SUCH a big chicken :)

Unknown said...

Pets are a lot of work. But so worth it...most days. LOL!
I could never go bungee jumping. I'm too scared!

Impulsive Addict said...

Yes, self esteem is so important. Oh...and the drama as a teen is out of control!

My parents have mini schnauzers too! That's funny! They are good dogs.

YIKES! Can they get into your house from the basement? I wouldn't like that with college kids around! lol

I like to drink but the smoking and bungee jumping is a big no from me too!

Thank you so much for linking up with us!! =) Have a great day!